House Bill 3052 is a forced merger of School District 169 and Chicago Heights School District 170 into Heights School District 170.
The reasons we are urging a “NO” vote include:
- District 169 was never informed by Representative Thaddeus Jones that he was proposing a forced merger of District 169 and District 170;
- District 169 Board of Education unanimously voted on February 17, 2017 to oppose House Bill 3052;
- House Bill 3052 is of no educational or academic benefit to the students of District 169;
- District 169 School Board and District 170 School Board have never discussed combining school districts;
- District 169’s debt shall remain with its taxpayers and the revenues and assets shall be sent to District 170;
- The Illinois General Assembly has never forced the combining of School Districts;
- The combination of District 169 with District 170 would dissocialize, destabilize, and over time totally destroy the Ford Heights community;
- House Bill 3052 disregards the long standing Illinois General Assembly Policy of local control of schools;
- The Illinois State Board of Education opposes House Bill 3052.
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL STATE REPRESENTATIVE THADDEUS JONES
TO URGE A “NO” VOTE ON HB 3052