Math can be a difficult subject for many students. Luckily, there are many things that parents can do at home to help foster a love for math and improve skills.
- Familiarize yourself with what your child is currently learning. This can be done by contacting their teacher or school.
- Let your child help with cooking and baking. This will help fractions and measurements come to life.
- Play math games at home (see your child’s teacher if you don’t have any).
- Allow your child to play math games on the computer such as www.prodigy.com and www.splashlearn.com
- Access Kahn Academy for math lessons that can help students with their homework.
- Have your child help you with the grocery shopping (adding prices, making change, etc.).
- Encourage them to do some math every day.
- Be willing to hire a tutor if the above tips aren’t allowing your child to make progress.