Medgar Evers Primary Academic Center
Ms. Monique Johnson – Principal
Dear Parents, Guardians, Students, and Friends:
Are you ready for the 2016-2017 school year! The teachers, faculty, and staff at Medgar Evers are prepared for a year filled with new adventures, hard work, and SUCCESS! Our focus is to assure that each student is prepared with the basic skills necessary for a productive future – higher-order thinking, working with partners or in groups, solving problems, speaking and writing effectively, and working with computers efficiently (keyboarding, the use of a variety of computer applications, and web searching).
We appreciate the support that you offer each and every day! Please continue your efforts in the following ways. Make sure your child(ren):
- Attend school each day, arriving on time (7:30 a.m.) for breakfast and ready to learn;
- Complete and return all homework assignments (specific homework guidelines are outlined in your Parent/Student Handbook provided during registration);
- Read at home at least 30 minutes each night to improve fluency and literacy, and to develop a love for reading;
- Talk to you each day about their school experience;
- Ask for help in any area or subject when necessary; and
- Know that YOU expect them to succeed in school and go on to college or a career.
We ask that you:
- Attend Open House;
- Attend Parent/Teacher conferences in the fall and spring;
- Provide working home and emergency contact numbers, updating these numbers as they change; and
- Be available to meet with your child(ren)’s teacher as necessary.
Let’s continue to work as a TEAM and as members of the Medgar Evers Family. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the Main Office at (708) 758-2520.
Thank you for your support. I look forward to working with you and your child(ren). And remember: EXCELLENCE is an ATTITUDE!
Monique C. Johnson
ANCHORED IN EXCELLENCE